Offshore Jackets: Gill OS2 Jacket
This entry-level offshore coastal jacket aims to provide you with a fully waterproof, windproof and breathable protective shell. It’s a versatile garment and retails at £240.
The material used by Gill is their 3 Dot ‘soft touch’ fabric, described as ’Hydrophobic, microporous, laminated fabric developed for Gill to offer improved breathability over standard coated fabrics’. We liked the feel and weight of this.
For waterproofing, the OS2 Jacket features large water-resistant zips, mesh drainage panels, storm guards and double cuffs. A brushed mesh lining and fleece lined handwarmer pockets offer protection from the cold. Then a fluorescent hi-vis hood and a full height, fleece lined thermal collar provide safety and warmth.
We thought this jacket, from ultra-technical sailing clothing specialists Gill, to be perfect for weekend coastal sailing and would do well over a two week trip.
Boatshop24.com gets a feel for the Gill OS2 Jacket:
Features of the Gill OS2 Jacket
- Fleece lined chest pockets with water resistant YKK zippers
- High cut thermal collar provides safety and warmth with full face protection
- Deep cargo pockets with secure closure with handwarmer pockets behind
- Roll-away fluorescent hood with volume adjustment for improved fit
- Zippered internal security pocket