Raymarine Multifunction Displays - What does the new LightHouse II software do?
Here’s some great news for sailors who have invested in a Raymarine Multifunction Display system. Raymarine’s highly acclaimed LightHouse II software is now available as a free software update (as of December 2013) which means you’ll have access to some great advanced features, and a clearer, simpler design.
The popular a, c, e and gS Series MFDs connect via the LightHouse user interface to enable best use of the networking, chartplotting, GPS, and radar – to name just a few of the system’s capabilities.
Sharper visuals and smarter navigation tools
So what’s different? Lighthouse II has been re-designed for clarity and simplicity, says Raymarine. There is now a more “fluid touchscreen experience” – slider and pinch controls - which make accessing navigation information as simple as using a smartphone.
LightHouse II’s new look is certainly polished, with a stylish new home screen with easy-to-read icons for apps of choice. Efforts have been made to improve readability in all light conditions, and in response to customer feedback, there’s a new LightHouse II menu system - reorganised for quicker access to frequently used features and controls. Toggle keys clearly indicate which features are enabled or disabled. You can even customise the menu with dark or light menu palette options.
We particularly like the new DataBar Auto-Hide feature, which really maximizes on-screen viewing.
What does LightHouse II add in terms of improved functionality?
• aSeries multifunction displays with LightHouse II will now support multi-touch pinch-to-zoom
• There is multiple network sonar support. This means that users can now easily switch between digital and CHIRP DownVision™ sonars
• Greatly improved waypoint search and organization tools. Users can now search waypoints by location, name or symbol
• All new and improved waypoint symbol library with larger waypoint symbols
• Support for importing and exporting waypoint and routes in the popular GPX file format
Expanded waypoint and route ETA and TTG calculation displays
• New databar auto-hide feature for maximizing the screen displays
Raymarine users of latest generation aSeries, cSeries, eSeries and gS Series Multifunction Displays can download and install LightHouse II and LightHouse USA charts for free.
Here's the official video for LightHouse II which illustrates these features:
RayView Apps - What can they do?
There are three new apps available for the new c and e Series Multifunction Displays. The free RayView app enables you to stream your MFD display to your smartphone or tablet. RayControl and RayRemote enable 2 way control between your MFD and wireless device.
You can listen to a webinar explaining these Apps here: