2002 Aquastar Ocean Star 38, semi-displacement aft cabin motor cruiser powered by Twin Volvo 300hp diesels (706 engine hours), last serviced Oct/Nov 2012. Her extensive specification includes chart plotter, GPS, Radar, AIS, autopilot, VHF, echo sounder, log and speedo and a Zodiac 2.6M dinghy on snap davits with Suzuki 4HP 2011 outboard. Yard maintained, most of the electronics were replaced and enhanced in the autumn/winter of 2009, with canvas covers, dodgers (2009) and carpets (2011) all in very good condition. The accommodation on the Aquastar Ocean Star 38 offers 3 x double berths in 3 cabins with 2m+ headroom, 2 separate heads with washbasins, showers and holding tanks, Eberspacher heating, hot water and new cooker 2009. This boat is in very good condition and well worth viewing. Currently lying ashore with a continuous dehumidifier keeping the boat warm and dry. Washed weekly.
- Twin Volvo KAMD 300HP 2002 inboard diesel engines
- Engine hours 706
- Fresh water cooled
- Date last serviced Oct/Nov 2012
- Shaft drive
- Fuel consumption - 80 litres per hour at 20 knots
- 60 litres per hour at 15 knots
- Cruising speed 18 knots
- Maximum speed 23 knots
- Bow thruster and stern thruster (controls in saloon and aft deck and remote)
- Trim tabs
- Rope cutter.
- Domestic batteries and 2 x engine starter batteries (various ages) and two batteries for the thrusters
- Alternator and 240v charging system
- Battery charger
- Generator HFL
- Additional dedicated alternator on port engine for charging domestic batteries
- 2 inverters for shavers + 1 (kitchen)
- Numerous power points, numerous 12v points, monitouring system on all batteries.
- Raymarine C120W chart plotter in saloon
- Raymarine C90W GPS (aft deck)
- 4kw H.D Randome Radar + remote keypad 2009
- Raymarine 2002 autopilot
- ICOM M603 VHF radio (2009)
- Raymarine 2002 echo sounder, log and speedo
- Sea Me Radar detection
- Compass - 1 x electric, 2 x magnetic
- Barometer and clock
- Yeoman chartplotter and Furuno GP-32 GPS
- 2 x additional VHF handsets (wired on aft deck + internal helm position & external speaker).
- Aft deck - teak, foredeck GRP
- Anchor locker
- 33lb. Bruce anchor plus emergency anchor with chain
- Electric anchor windlass
- Bathing Platform with Boarding ladder
- Cockpit/deck shower
- Cockpit table
- Cockpit lockers
- Windscreen wipers and washers.
- Cockpit cover
- Tonneau cover
- Cockpit cushions.
- Lifeguard liferaft (next service due 2/2014)
- Life sling plus inflatable (automatic)
- Six life jackets
- EPIRB McMurdo Precision 406 GPS (2006)
- Foghorn and hailer
- Hand held searchlight
- Sea Me electronic radar reflector
- 3 fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- 3 electric bilge pumps (1 manual switchover)
- All bilge pumps are auto with manual overide, bilge pump alarm fitted (all new in 2008).
- 3 x doubles in 3 cabins with 2M+ headroom
- Teak flooring
- Chart table and saloon table
- 3 hanging lockers
- Eberspacher central heating
- 2 x heads
- 2 x manual Jabsco sea toilets
- 2 x holding tanks
- Deck pump out and sea pump out
- 2 x showers
- GN Espace 2009 hob with oven and grill
- Galley sink
- Pressurised hot water system by immersion and calorifier (240v + off engine heating)
- TV aerial
- DVD player
- FM radio system (4 speakers).
- Zodiac 2.6M dinghy on snap davits with Suzuki 4HP 2 years old (used once)
- Warps and fenders.
- Last out of the water Oct 2012 to March 2013
- Last antifouled March 2013 and anodes renewed
- Last engine service by engineers Oct 2012.
- "We bought her in Guernsey at the end of 2003, previous owner was buying a larger Aqustar and Aquastar were selling it for him. We believe she was exhibited at the Southampton boat show in 2002 by Aquastar. Initially we berthed the boat at Mylor Marina on the Rival Fal (Cornwall) and cruised extensively in SW England and South Brittany. In 2010 we sold our second house in Cornwall and moved "Star" to Chichester where she has been beautifully yard maintained by Navigators. She has been relatively little use of late because of my wife's mobility problems (car accident) and we are very sad to see her go."
- Bills of sale showing complete chain
- Builders certificate
- CE plate
- Proof of VAT paid
- Small ships registration.
This Company normally acts as a broker for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars, the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and, where appropriate, and at his/her own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or have an engine trial conducted which, if conducted by us, should not imply any liability on our part.
The company does not carry out demonstrations on brokerage boats or accept any responsibility for demonstrations or viewings, whether accompanied or unaccompanied.