The Island Packet 420 embodies a host of proven design and construction features that have evolved over years of boatbuilding experience and via feedback of thousands of cruising owners.
The IP420 delivers the combination of seakeeping, safety, stability and speed coupled with the comfort, liveability, and value that makes Island Packet Yachts America's Cruising Yacht Leader.
This package has been proven by 'BounceBack II', having now returned from five years in the Mediterranean with minimum problems. She is superbly equipped for extended cruising to Cat 4 offshore specification, with many equipment upgrades since new including a new navigation suite in March 2014
The Island Packet 420 received the award for 'Best Full Size Cruiser' in the 2000 Boat Of The Year competition as conducted by Cruising World magazine
- LOA 13.6m 44'7"
- LWL 11.3m 37'1"
- Beam 4.3m 14'1"
- Draft 1.5m 4'10"
- Displacement 13,605kg 30,000lbs
- Ballast 12,000kg, 26,460lbs
- 2002 model year
- Wheel (single) steering through shaft & gears
- Yanmar 75hp inboard shaft drive turbo diesel
- Cruising speed 7 knots
- Maximum Speed 8 knots
- Consumption approx 4.5lph
- Fuel tank capacity 727 litres
- Max prop with rope cutter (fitted 2004)
- Spare (standard) prop
- Sidepower, with binnacle mounted control
- 4 X 117Ah domestic, new 2009
- 1 x 100Ah engine start
- Victron battery monitor unit
- Balkin high output alternator
- Dual shore power input both fitted with Galvanic Isolators and safety trip switches
- Shore power cable with a selection of adaptors
- Rig type - Cutter
- Spar manufacturer - Carlton
- Spar material - Aluminium
- Standing Rigging - Stainless Steel
- Running Rigging - Rope
- Mainsail reefing - In mast
- Headsail Furling - Harken
- Hoyt Staysail Furling - Harken
- Spinnaker pole
- Main - Jeckells 2014
- Genoa - Quantum
- Staysail - Quantum
- Spinnaker, cruising, Jeckells 2009
- Seven berths in three cabins with two heads
- Deck Construction - GRP with moulded non slip areas
- Anchor locker
- Anchor windlass - SL1500 electric with foredeck & binnacle controls
- 35lb Delta anchor with 60m chain
- 25lb kedge anchor with 60m rope
- Winches x 6 - Lewmar
- Pushpit & Pulpit
- Mast safety frame
- Stanchions and guard wires with side boarding points and rear boarding access
- Stern boarding ladder in stainless steel
- Hatches x 7 - Lewmar
- Opening ports x 15 with detatchable mosquito nets
- Cockpit tables - 1 x teak, 1 x GRP
- Cockpit shower
- Warps & fenders
- Portable folding boarding ladder
- Cockpit lockers x 3
Canvas & covers
- Spray hood with new plexiglass windows
- Bimini cover with spray hood infill
- Helm seat cushion with backrest x 2
- Quarter seat cushions with backrests
- Cockpit cushions, full length with backrests
- Binnacle cover
- Raymarine E7 MFD with silver chart package and 18" Radome - 2014
- Raymarine C125 MFD with remote control at helm - 2014
- Additional standby GPS
- Navtex 6+
- Autopilot - Raymarine 6001+
- ST60 echosounder
- Forward facing Echopilot
- ST60 Log/speed
- ST60 Wind
- Simrad VHF radio with EMR locator
- Compass Binnacle
- Navigation lights, Masthead tricolour & deck level navlights
- Chart table nav light red/white
- Headroom 1.93m 6'4" throughout
- Upholstery in Buff Ultra Leather saloon/master cabin
- Pioneer stereo radio/DVD with speakers in saloon & master cabin with output for TV
- Samsung 17" portable flat screen TV
- Chart table with teak fiddle rail
- Saloon table - bulkhead mounted, fold out & extendable
- Hanging lockers x 3
- Eberspacher warm air central heating
- Toilets x 2
- Holding tank 273 litre
- Showers x 2
- Wash basin x 2
- Teak & holly flooring throuout
- Fitted carpets throughout
- Three ring cooker with oven & grill
- Galley sink x 2
- Refrigerator with small ice box and two large storage areas
- Hot water by calorifier (2009) and immersion heater
- Eberspacher water heater with valve switching system (not installed)
- Rigid Eurethane water tanks with six inspection points, 2008 - 1137 litres
- Dual pump pressurised water system
- Water filter
- Cutlery & galley equipment
- Viking 6 SR GRP liferaft, deck cradle and H20 Hydro
- 10 gas inflatable lifejackets
- Lifebuoys x 2
- Radar reflector
- Dan Buoy
- Lifeline sling system
- Jack Stays
- Hypothermia revival bag
- First aid kit
- Bilge pumps - manual & electric
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- Tool kit
Island Packet's Features
From the Full Foil Keel® with protected prop and rudder, to the roller furling cutter rig with Hoyt® boom, every aspect of every Island Packet has been carefully designed and built to maximize the pleasures of the cruising lifestyle. Exclusive design features, proprietary material technologies, unmatched resale values and an award winning customer service network all combine to make Island Packet the benchmark for cruising yachts. Every Island Packet from the original IP26 to the magnificent IP485 is the result of the consistent application and continuing evolution of this philosophy, which affects everything from the initial design concept through the manufacturing process, into the warranty period and beyond for our pre-owned buyers. This philosophy helps to explain how Island Packet has grown to be a world leader in the design and manufacture of cruising yachts since it's founding in 1979. It also helps to explain why Island Packets are respected and admired by discerning sailors everywhere.
- The Full Foil Keel® offers a combination of moderate draft,superb stability (both initial and final), structural survivability,and off wind sea keeping unequalled by any fin keel design alternative. For cruising sailors, nothing provides confidence like the protected rudder and integrally moulded hull and keel of an Island Packet.
- The Hoyt Boom equipped fully roller furling rig is the most highly versatile and easily managed sail plan available on the market.
- Island Packet’s Three Year Stem to Stern Warranty is unmatched in the industry, and nicely compliments the ten year warranties covering deck core degradation and osmotic hull blistering. No other boat builder offers this combination and length of coverage.
- The unique tankage configuration below the cabin sole maximizes storage space elsewhere on an Island Packet, providing more useable enclosed storage space than any other yacht in the same size class.
- Advanced premium materials and exacting craftsmanship help build a yacht with the highest retained resale value of any yacht built in the US. This translates to one of the lowest cost of ownership of any yacht built!
- Race winning performance continues to be proven in offshore venues around the world.
- Every Island Packet is built and certified to the highest standards offered by the NMMA and IMCI. This provides real peace of mind and a buyer’s assurance of well engineered and thought out assembly and construction.
- 2x Electric SeaScooters
- 2x Folding Cycles
- Inflatable Dingy with oars
- Honda 2.7hp Outboard
- Portable washing Machine
Directions to Sea Ventures at Swanwick Marina
By Car from M27 coming from the West:
- Leave M27 at junction 8, and turn right at the roundaboat at the bottom of the sliproad, signposted Hamble A3024
- At the next (Tesco) roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A27/Providence Hill
- Continue for about 1.0 mile then turn right into Swanwick Marina at traffic lights. Our office is overlooking the marina.
By Car from M27 coming from the East:
- Leave M27 at junction 9, and turn left at the roundabout at end of sliproad
- Turn right at next roundaboat, signposted Hamble A27
- Continue along A27 for about 3 miles, turn left into Swanwick Marina at traffic lights
- The nearest station is Bursledon, on the Southampton - Portsmouth line. Nearest mainline is Southampton Airport, on the main London - Southampton line
- Swanwick is a 10 minute drive from Southampton Airport.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
For further details & to arrange a viewing please call Chris on 01489 565444