El Ocaso represents one the of most winning J Boats in the Caribbean Racing Circuit. The current owner has maintained and upgraded El Ocaso with an open checkbook. She is truly a turnkey race winning yacht.
Some of the key features include:
Some of her victories include:
The J/122 is designed to be a fun, fast, efficient racing and cruising sailboat that can be sailed by a couple, double-handed or with a full compliment of crew on-board. To give you a better idea of the process behind its thoughtful design and why 122 owners love it so much, read the "Design Notes" or comments about its inaugural sail on the Solent in "Seatrial".
Developed with and built by J/Europe in France, J/122 is distinguished by a well executed high quality interior, a non-overlapping sailplan configuration that helps simplify the deck layout and sail selection. A setback headstay with furler are recessed into the deck to maximize the jib luff length while retaining the convenience of jib furling from the cockpit. Plus, the simplicity of an asymmetric spinnaker flown from a retractable carbon bow sprit, that makes it easy to achieve near peak performance with minimal crew effort.
The J/122 cockpit is ergonomically optimized with a floor mounted traveler, below decks mainsheet system, offshore seatbacks, remote backstay adjuster and an available removable transom storage dock box that allows one to increase cockpit storage for cruising or convert back to a lighter race mode in a matter of minutes.
Two interior plans are available: a three cabin/forward head layout and the more traditional two cabin/two head cruising layout; both layouts finished in varnished light mahogany.
Several option packages, tailored to specific cruising and racing needs are available. Several key features of the US Model include:
• SCRIMP infusion molded sandwich construction
• Uni-and multi-directional fibreglass fabrics
• Low density light weight balsa core
• Vinylester infusion resin
• 10 year anti-osmosis warranty and a 5 year structural warranty
• Bonded overlapped hull-to-deck joint
• Infused structural grid and mast step
• SCRIMP infusion molded, main bulkhead
• Low VCG keel with encapsulated cast iron fin & lead bulb
• Keel is bolted & bonded to shallow sump
• High aspect ratio composite rudder
• Uni and multi-directional fibreglass fabrics
• Stainless steel rudder stock
• Self-aligning performance rudder bearings
• Carbon fiber mast with double swept spreader configuration
• Aluminum racing boom
• Pre-molded mast wedge system
• Adjustable mast step
• Discontinuous rod standing rigging
• Hydraulic backstay adjuster with panel on steering pedestal
• Jib furling system with below deck furler drum
• Carbon fiber retracting bow sprit
• Solid boom vang with purchase
• Complete running rigging package
• Harken winches & deck hardware
• Belowdeck 2:1 mainsheet system
• Floor mounted mainsheet traveller
• Adjustable jib tracks including 8:1 adjustable purchase
• Custom stainless steel shroud and backstay chainplates
• Bow and stern mooring cleats
• Bow anchor locker
• Overhead ventilation hatches for head, forward cabin, head & main salon
• Opening portlights for head, forward cabin, head, main salon & aft cabins
• Exhaust vent openings in main cabin overhead below seahood
• Bow & stern rails & stanchions supported double lifelines
• Cabin top handrails
• Aluminum racing wheel with leather cover
• Compass on wheel pedestal with stainless binnacle guard
• Acrylic companionway washboard with lock, stored in aft cockpit locker
• Volvo D2 40 HP Saildrive diesel engine & 115 AH alternator
• Volvo engine controls & fuel guage recessed in cockpit with acrylic protection
• 35 gallon aluminum fuel tank
• Sound insulated engine compartment, ventilation pipes
• Two-blade folding propeller
• Manual & Electric bilge pumps
• Pressurized fresh water system with Hot water tank (5 gallon)
• Fresh water tank (42 gallon)
• DC refrigeration
• Marine toilet with holding tank system and pump out
• Two 80 AH AGM type batteries & one 70 AH battery for engine
• 12V Electrical distribution panel
• 110V distribution panel, main circuit breaker and inlet
• Halogen head & cabin lighting package
• Low voltage LED navigation lights, mast steaming and
• Grounding system for protection against lightning
• Battery charger
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|No. of cabins:||2|
|WC & bathrooms:||2|
|Max Draft||7.25 feet|
This is the largest Four Winns ever built (2008-2012) and has gone by the model name "V475 & V458). She ...
40' Formula 2000 This is a luxurious Marina’s Owner’s Deep-V Express Cruiser. Mercruiser 502 Mag’s rebuilt ...
43' Beneteau 2008 Livin The Dream is an original owner boat. She has always been maintained and has over FIFTY ...
Denison Yacht Sales
"Alaskan Legend" is Heavily Built Motoryacht suited for West Coast Cruising and Charter ...