10 Fascinating Facts about BRIG: The biggest selling RIB brand in Europe
From modest beginnings in 1994, BRIG has evolved to become the biggest selling brand in Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) in Europe. The innovative Ukraine-based company is now working hard to grow its share in global markets, and continues to push the boundaries of boat design, and engineering techniques.
From the start BRIG has tapped into the skills of ex-aeronautical engineers, astrophysicists and military scientists that hailed from the old Russian aeronautical industry. Over two decades the design and engineering teams have developed light, durable, responsive RIBs that are loved by families, serious boaters and military rescue operators alike.
BRIG founder Slava Rodionov says the key to the company’s success has been the people working behind the scenes. In Ocean magazine he recently described the importance of “educating our staff, working with our distributors, listening to our customers and building our company into a worldwide leader in manufacturing rigid inflatable boats”.
Here are 10 Fascinating Facts about BRIG
1) Company founder Slava Rodionov launched BRIG in 1994 at Boot Dusseldorf.
2) Today there are 40 models ranging from the small sports tender to the luxurious Navigator 645 model.
3) BRIG RIBs offer excellent fuel economy, and are designed for a smooth ride over the top of the waves.
4) BRIGs provide a safe and stylish platform for fishing, scuba diving and water skiing
5) BRIG began as the smallest RIB builder in the world and 22 years later, is believed to be one of the biggest RIB builders in the world.
6) BRIG is now the biggest RIB brand in Australia, Sweden and Holland
7) The BRIG product team is made up of physicists, mathematicians and engineers based in the Ukraine. They were formerly employed in USSR space and military programmes.
8) BRIG’s brand values are: Quality product; Affordable pricing; Customer focused; Innovative product.
9) As well proving popular in the leisure segment, BRIG RIBs are supplied to rescue organisations and military forces under its Heavy Duty category.
10) The BRIG design team in Ukraine develops several new models every year so look out for exciting and innovative new BRIGs in the coming years.
For more information visit UK BRIG Distibutor: Wolf Rock Boat Company