Fundraising 'Man Bag' range from recycled RNLI lifejackets
The RNLI has very cleverly recycled its old lifejackets and produced an stylish, limited edition range of men's fashion bags and travel accessories.
The charity that saves lives at sea is calling this range of man bags, ‘235 Made For Life’, and will launch the bright yellow and red wash bags, messenger bags and tablet covers on 11th March, available from RNLIshop.org. The charity expects to generate lots of publicity thanks to this innovative and eco-friendly idea.
The bags and accessories are all handmade in the UK using genuine recycled materials from operational RNLI lifejackets. Shoppers will love the idea that each item is made from lifejackets worn by courageous RNLI lifesaving volunteer crew members during real sea rescues, and feature whistles and toggles, safety webbing and reflective strips.
Utilitarian, coastal style
Crafted by hand using the distinctive bright yellow and red fabric characteristic of the RNLI’s lifesaving kit, 235 Made For Life bags have been sustainably designed to combine rugged, utilitarian coastal looks with practical storage, making a truly authentic accessory.
The range is fittingly named after the number of RNLI lifeboat stations from which the lifejackets originated. Supporters of the RNLI will be pleased to know that 100% of profits from the sale of 235 Made For Life items, as with all RNLI Shop products, are used to help save lives at sea.
As a charitable organisation, the RNLI relies on public support to provide its lifesaving service. We think this innovative range will really capture the public’s imagination and help raise essential funds for a great marine cause!
This great video shows exactly how the life jackets are recycled:
The '235 Made For Life' Range:
• Messenger Bag (£95) – a roomy lightweight and durable bag with adjustable shoulder strap, handy internal pockets and authentic detailing
• Wash Bag (£45) – perfectly sized, this classic rectangular shaped wash bag is ideal for storing toiletries at home or on the move. Features a contrasting exterior pocket and metal D-ring buckle for easy carry
• Wallet (£35) – a well-designed velcro sports wallet featuring useful storage compartments and inner zip pocket for loose change
• Hip Bag (£45) – with adjustable belt, easy access, wide opening and an integrated whistle, this hip bag is both useful and attention grabbing! Wear around your waist or sling over your shoulder for useful storage on the go
• Tablet Cover (£40) – protective on the outside but soft on the inside, this wallet fits snugly around your tablet (ipad or equivalent) keeping it safe while travelling
• Mini Tablet Cover (£40) – perfectly sized for your e-reader, this wallet offers sturdy protection for delicate screens. The velcro fastening is easy to open, allowing instant access to your latest read
RNLI Shop: http://www.rnlishop.org.uk/