This Otarie Class steel motor yacht, ZEEMEEUW is a remarkable boat that would be better described as a small ship. The engineering is first class throughout and the quality of the zinc coated steel is as good as it gets. The previous owner undertook a major extension by building a wheelhouse onto the existing deck where the flybridge and upper helm position originally stood, and this creates the most extraordinary amount of enjoyable living space with a great view. The boat is ready and capable of going great distances at the drop of a hat, or, ready and capable of offering wonderful space and accommodation as a liveaboard home.
This is a unique boat with wonderful light and space and her next owner is likely to have a great appreciation of high quality craftsmanship and engineering.
Accommodation :Sleeps 6 in 2 double and 2 single berths in 2 cabins
The interior has 6' 8" head room and is finished in varnished teak with beige upholstery, curtains, blinds insect screens and new carpets (2008)
Kabola 7kw diesel fired cabin heating
Galley has Smev 3-burner gas cooker with oven and grill. Microwave, Fridge, icebox and sink with macerator. All replaced in 2008.
2 Heads compartments one with Blakes lavac marine toilet one with Portaloo.
There is a separate shower cubicle with sink.
Otarie Class Steel Motor Yacht. Built by Roam Shipyard Holland in 1973
Designed by de Vries Lentsch Jnr
- Steel displacement hull
- Long Keel
- Wheel Steering
- Powered by 2 x DAF 475M 85 hp 6-cylinder diesel engines
- Fuel polishing system (2008)
- Fresh water cooled (keel coolers 2007)
- Port engine hours to date approximately 4500
- Starboard engine hours approximately 4900
- Range 600 Nautical Miles (+100 in reserve)
- Fuel consumption 1.2 gallons per hour each engine
- Cruising speed 6-6.5 knots
- Maximum speed 9.5 knots
- Borg Warner hydraulic gear boxes with shaft drive
- 3-Bladed fixed pitch propellers
- Morse controls
- 24v system supplied 6 x Victron AGM batteries (domestic 220 ah, each engine 100ah) (May 2013)
- Victron 3kw inverter (2008)
- Victron 3KW Isolation Transformer (2008)
- Mastervolt 24v - 12v volts dropper for some Navigation Instruments (2008)
- Mastervolt battery monitor (2008)
- Victron 60 amp charger (2008)
- Victron 80 amp charger (2008)
- Balmar 150 amp alternator with programmable regulator on starboard engine
- Yamaha EF 300: SE Generator (low running hours)
- Shore power and shore power cable
- Fuel capacity 1200 litres in 4 x steel tanks
- Fresh water capacity 700 litres in 1 x steel tank
- Pressurised water system
- Water heated by immersion (240v) or diesel boiler
- Gaff cutter rigged with aluminium spars
- Stainless steel standing rigging, 50% of which has been replaced in last 5 years.
- Terylene running rigging, all replaced in last 5 years
- Mainsail reefing points
- Jeckells Gaff Main (2008/9)
- Jeckells Staysail (2008/9)
- Jeckells Big Jib (2008/9)