Design Jason Ker
Very nice well equipped cruiser-racer. Launched 2014.
She is also suitable to sail double handed races.
Sydney 43 GTS
Fast, easy to handle, stable and spacious, the Sydney GTS43 serves as a comfortable cruiser, short- handed family weekender and competitive IRC racer.
The Sydney GTS43 seamlessly combines a performance orientated yacht with spacious cruising comforts, offering universal appeal to racers, couples and families alike.
Built to satisfy the demands of today s discerning sailors, the Sydney GTS43 presents a marriage between impressive design and construction techniques to deliver a yacht that is light yet strong, easy to sail yet seriously fast, stylish yet functional, and above all else, seaworthy.
Capable of competitive racing at both club and regatta level, this 43-footer can also be easily managed when racing short-handed or when cruising. With its non- overlapping headsail for ease of tacking and an asymmetrical spinnaker, the Sydney GTS43 can be sailed to its full potential without the need for a large and experienced crew. Its low vertical centre of gravity coupled with its generous sail area to displacement provides exceptional stability, thereby rewarding its owner with superior handling and performance.
With accommodation for up to six guests, the Sydney GTS43 has a surprising amount of room. Above deck, the large open transom cockpit provides ease of movement and comfort whether racing, cruising or entertaining, while below deck its roomy interior is contemporary by design and easy to maintain. Large coach house windows provide an abundance of natural light and a greater feeling of size.
Designed to exceed your expectations in terms of performance, ease of handling, safety and comfort, the Sydney GTS43 establishes a new benchmark for yachts of this size in the world.
More info on the web:
Sail World Magazine
My Sailing AU
Sydney Yachts<br><br><strong>General</strong><br>Other: HULL AND DECK STRUCTURE
• Structures are built in accordance with American Bureau of Shipping Guide for Building and Classing Offshore Yachts.
• Structures and stability are designed in accordance with the ISO standard (12217 and 1215-5), CE, Lloyds and ISAF regulations.
• Hull is laminated with vinylester resins using biaxial and double bias fabric.
• Closed cell foam core utilised in Hull and Deck construction.
• Exterior of Hull and Deck will be high gloss isophthalic white gel coat.
• GRP moulded main structural bulkhead, laminated on hull and deck for optimum stiffness.
• Deck is of foam core with double bias E-glass laminate in vinylester resin.
• Moulded GRP furniture modules & engine bed finished in white gel coat.
• Custom Manufactured marine grade Anodised Aluminium keel grid to provide maximum stiffness.
• Non slip surface on deck, coach roof and cockpit.
• Moulded in toe rails on foredeck.
• All secondary bulkheads will be vacuum bagged composite.
• Low profile sliding hatch with washboard.
• Epoxy undercoat and International longlife Antifouling
• Upgrade to International VC Offshore antifouling
Keel is 2014, with adjustable weight
• High lift, low VCG Iron & lead bulb keel configuration, including a large load bearing top plate recessed and bolted through hull.
• Race faired to designers templates as standard.
• Custom milled anodised aluminium keel grid
All exposed moulded surfaces in white high gloss gel coat featuring Wenge timber trim. Other surfaces to be coated with a matt polyester flow coat with stipple finish.
• Cabin soles are composite construction finished in Wenge rubber based wear resistant flooring.
• Main saloon is fitted with port and starboard settees, fixed Wenge laminate table, crew lockers and storage.
• Blue upholstery
• A separate navigation station
• Stainless steel companionway steps with moulded composite treads in black.
• An enclosed ventilated head area with vanity sink, shower, lockers and flushing toilet.
• Forward cabin with double berth, fore hatch, storage and hanging locker with V-groove gel-coated hull liners
• Single fixed aft berths port & starboard complete with hanging locker with V- groove gel coated hull liners.
• 4 x Lee cloths to saloon & split quarterberth bunks
• Companionway grab rails (pair)
• Webasto Air Top Evo 3900 D Heating
L shaped galley on port side
• Large capacity icebox fitted in the galley on the port side, 12V, light weight.
• Two burner Origo stove with oven, including gas bottle locker
• Stainless steel sink
• Storage area for crockery and cutlery.
<br><strong>Engine, electrics, water</strong><br>Other: ELECTRICAL
• 12 volt Lights fitted throughout vessel with 4 halogen bulkhead lights fitted in the saloon area.
• Electrical switch panel fitted with Volt & Amp meter, LED display and circuit breakers with LED indicator lights.
• 3 x Gel Batteries with VMR Smart Charge system
• Switchboard with digital volt & amp meter
• 240 volt Shore power with 2 x outlets & battery charger
• LED Nav lights
MECHANICAL AND STEERING
• 39 HP Yanmar 3JH5E fresh water cooled diesel motor with sail drive and 80 amp alternator with exhaust system discharge through transom.
• 90 litre plastic moulded fuel tank with fuel filter.
• Engine instrument panel with tachometer and alarm for oil pressure and temperature
• Spinlock Flush mounted single lever throttle control in cockpit
• Gori Two blade folding propeller.
• Carbon fibre spade composite rudder with Carbon Fibre Composite stock.
• Self aligning Race quality needle roller bearings fitted as standard
• Twin carbon composite racing wheels finished in two pack black polyurethane
• Manual (foot pump)water system to galley and head
• 2 x 100 litre bladder water tanks fitted under saloon seating.
• High grade reinforced PVC tubing.
• Flush through hull fittings with sea cocks fitted where applicable
• Two manual bilge pumps, one fitted below and one on deck in the cockpit.
• Holding Tank fitted with discharge pump
• Presurized Hot water sytem
<br><strong>Rig and sails</strong><br>Other: DECK EQUIPMENT HARDWARE
• 6x Harken winches & deck gear
• Opening ports fitted in aft cabins.
• Lewmar flush hatches fitted to main saloon and head.
• Anodised aluminium opening hatch to forward cabin
• Flush fixed windows to cabin sides.
• Custom fabricated stainless steel pushpit, pulpit & stanchions all anodised black with Stainless steel lifelines
• Carbon Composite chain plates fitted.
• All halyards to run along deck to Spinlock halyard clutches and cam cleats.
• Mainsheet (German style system) leading under the deck to winches in cockpit
• Custom fabricated mast collar.
• Lewmar Black anodised Deck gear, including adjustable jib cars, adjustable traveller car & stand up halyard blocks
• Folding Safety Padeyes / 7 in total fitted
• Outboard jib padeyes x 2Speed ring upgrade on Halyard winches
• Spinnaker staysail padeye supplied and fitted / reinforced
• Jib Staysail padeye fitted on deck and below with strop
• Recessed Mooring cleats fitted
• Life line cushion kit
SPARS & RIGGING
• Keel stepped carbon mast
• Backstay Hydraulics electric with 2 x sight gauges
• Mast Jacking System External
• Adjustable Screw Base Mast step
• Carbon boom
• Telescopic adjustable boom vang.
• Soft backstay running through transom to Hydraulic Ram under cockpit sole.
• Carbo twin groove racing head foil system.
• Complete custom running rigging package of spectra and braided polyester.
• Carbon Fibre Moulded Bow sprit fitted for• Asymmetrical Spinnakers.
• Running rigging package of Spectra, Dynex & braided polyester.
• 1 x Main halyard with captive shackle.
• 1 x jib halyard with clips.
• 1 x fractional spinnaker / second jib halyard
• 2 x Mast Head Spinnaker halyards with clips.
• 1 x Staysail Halyard / topping lift with clip.
• 1 x outhaul led to cabin top.
• 1 x Mainsheet traveller control
• 1 x Mainsheet.
• 2 x Genoa sheets.
• 2 x Spinnaker sheets with clips
• 1 x Tack line led aft to cockpit
• 1x Cunningham purchase system at mast.
• Fusion MR7300 IRC Main 19k 2014Code 1 job 11k 2014
• Code 2 jib 15k 2014
• Code 3 jib 18k 2014
• Code 4 jib 19k 2014
• A1.5 Superkote 60 2014
• A2 AirX 2014
• A5 fractional Airx900
• Storm Trysail Orange Dacron
• Storm jib Orange Dracon
• Main MR7600 UD 10 tafetta 2015 (NEW)
• Gennaker snuffers 2x (duohanded)
<br><strong>Navigation and electronics</strong><br>Other: ELECTRONICS
B&GH3000 Hercules Performance Pack
Carbon Instrument bracket on mast
• H3000 GFD Pack
• Vertical MHU Pack
• Vertical MHU Top Bracket
• H2000 Speed sensor
• H2000 Depth Sensor
• Zeus Touch 12" Plotter/MFD
• Zeus Touch 8" Plotter/MFD
• SIMRAD NAIS400 Class B AIS System
• Ray marine AIS100 VHF Antenna Splitter
• ICOM ICM424 VHF Radio
• ICOM "Command MIC IV" HM-195 black
• Fusion Electronics IP700 IPOD Stereo
• H3000 ACP2 Pilot pack
• B&G Ram drive, hydraulic Type 2
• HGSC for ACP Pilot, Gyro Stabilized Compass
• Rotary Rudder Sensor
• Emergency Helm compass fitted on Centreline under companionway.
• Transom shower ( hot and cold)
• 8 x Fenders & 3 x mooring lines
• Emergency tiller