1984 VAGABOND 42 KETCH
ASKING PRICE $89,900.
SPECIFICATIONS LOCATED: NY
LOA: 41' 08" DRAFT: 5' 06" SAIL AREA: 871 SF.
LWL: 34' 00" BALLAST: 9,200 LBS. WATER CAP.: 140 GAL.
BEAM: 12' 10" DISPL: 28,500 LBS. FUEL CAP.: 100 GAL.
HOLDING: 40 GAL.
EQUIPMENT: Yanmar 4JH-TBE diesel - 2,442 hrs., air conditioning, Harken furling, MUCH MORE!
ELECTRONICS: (2) VHFs, DS, KM, Log, Wind, Radar, GPS, Plotter, Sonar, Stereo, Color TV, MORE!
FACTS: Easily handled Staysail Ketch rig, loaded with equipment and ready to go sailing.
(One click objects to enlarge)
Long Keel w/ Full Skeg 1984 VAGABOND 42 KETCH "SERENA" Nonskid Decks
Deck View Aft Bow Stern
Cockpit View Fwd Helm Saloon and Dinette View Fwd
Galley View Aft Navigation Station Stb Quarter Cabin or Workshop
Fwd Cabin w/ Pull Out Lower Aft Stateroom w/ A View Aft Aft Stateroom w/ Seat & Hanging Lkrs.
Layout Drawing Sail Plan
The galley is located on the port side amidships and has nice ventilation from 2 adjacent opening ports. It is an efficient work space safe in sea conditions. There is more stowage space than can be found in much larger boats and nice dedicated counter space keeping the ice box top available while preparing food.
* Adler-Barbour Cold Machine 12V Refrigeration with Freezer compartment
* Force 10 Stove with oven
* Sanyo Microwave
* Fireboy-Xintex S-2A propane controller/detector
* Double SS sinks w/ hot and cold pressure water
* Sailing: Silva Nexus instruments at helm and Nav Station
* Wide angle wind direction, depth multi-control
* Helm-Compass, autopilot, steer pilot, multi-control
* Autopilot: Silva Nexus w/cockpit remote
* Chart Plotter: Raymarine E-120 at helm, AIS receiver,
* Seatalk network switch, Raymarine SR100 Sirius weather sys.
* Fish finder: Echo Pilot forward looking sonar
* VDO Rudder angle indicator
* Silva 1000 compass
* Samsung 24" HDTV w/ WI-FI Blu-Ray player & remotes
* Fusion MS-IP700i AM/FM IPod stereo, JL Audio M600/6 amp
* (6) Fusion speakers
* ICOM IC127 VHF at helm
* ICOM IC-M412 VHF at nav station
* Raymarine RD424 radome scanner
* Raystar 125 GPS receiver
* SGC 2000 SSB at nav station
* 12 volt and 120 volt shore power
* (2) 30 Amp dockside cables
* Batteries (4) new 2015
* Spare alternator
* Sentry 12V 60Amp charger
* Xantrex Freedom HF inverter/charger
* Navigation lights
* Deck lights on main and mizzen
* Yanmar 4JH-TBE 55 hp Diesel engine with appx. 2,442 hrs
* Alternator and spare alternator
* Automatic fire extinguisher system in engine room
* 16,000 BTU CruisAir reverse cycle heat/airconditioning
* Pressure hot and cold water
* (2) Heads with H&C showers
* (2) Raritan Lectrasan heads (1 rebuilt and not reinstalled)
* (2) Electric bilge pumps and 1 manual bilge pump
* All thru hulls and sea cocks replaced in 2015
* Original fuel tanks replaced with aluminum by previous owner
Sails & Rigging:
* Aluminum masts and booms w/ SS rigging
* Roller furling genoa w/ Harken MK2 furler
* Self tending staysail
* Main sail with jiffy reefing
* Mizzen sail
* Sail covers
* (8) Self tailing Lewmar & Barlow winches
Deck & Hull:
Hull is solid molded white fiberglass with burgundy sheer and gray boot stripe.
Decks are molded nonskid white with off setting gray nonskid pattern color.
* Teak cap rails
* Teak rub rails with chafe strips
* Dodger & Bimini with full enclosure
* Canvas hatch covers
* Teak handrail covers
* Fwd deck boxes
* Life jackets
* Safety harnesses
* (2) CQR Anchors w/ chain & rode
* Lighthouse 1501 DWG Windlass
handles (2) anchors
* St. Croix Model 35 removable dinghy
davits (new not installed)
* Fenders & dock lines
* Charts & manuals
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.