Well maintained and extensively updated
Well maintained and extensively updated high performance custom design carbon composite hulled boat from the legendary Farr Yacht Design, combines exhilarating performance with a comfortable interior.
Farr yacht Design description
“The Farr 520 is developed from the hugely successful Farr 52OD, a boat which has proven to results under IMS, PHRF, IRC and IRM rating systems. These moderate to light displacement flyers have achieved world renowned success – Bear of Britain being overall winner of the America’s Cup Jubilee Regatta
- Carbon built
- Carbon mast and carbon boom with stackpack and lazy jacks.
- Carbon retractable bowsprit and Carbon Spinnaker pole.
- PBO Rigging
- Extensive 20-sail sail wardrobe.
- Renewed B & G electronics.
- Air conditioning.
- Watermaker, generator, well equipped galley
- Electric anchor windlass.
- Two life rafts plus a large amount of other safety equipment.
- Carbon and epoxy composite.
- Post cured low density ‘Super light’ balsa in high load areas forward Corecell foam: Various densities Epoxy coated.
- Composite structural framework for the rig/keel loads.
- Deck painted with linear polyurethane paint.
- Topsides painted with linear polyurethane paint in a dark grey colour.
- Bottom faired and primed in barrier coat epoxy prior to it being sanded and painted.
- Foils are epoxy coated.
- Two keel viewing windows in hull.
- Propeller viewing window in hull.
- Rudder viewing window in hull.
- Keel & Rudder:
- Faired SG iron fin keel and lead bulb.
- Carbon rudder and stock.
- Custom carbon fibre radial drive quadrant.
- Custom rudder bearings upper and lower.
- Custom carbon fibre steering wheels port and starboard 1,120mm diameter.
- Dual steering chain.
3-cabin 2-heads layout
Owner’s Fore Cabin:
- Central double berth with mattresses covered in a grey coloured upholstery.
- Various clear carbon edging trim.
- Bench seat to starboard.
- Dressing table.
- Tapered shaped ledge to either side of the bed.
- Hanging locker.
- Ventilation/escape hatch.
- Housing tube for the retractable bowsprit.
- Owner’s En-Suite: Shower cubicle, a Raritan Crown Head II electric flush marine WC, wash basin inset to a vanity unit.
- Steps lead down from the companionway.
- Sofa with light grey upholstery to the portside with a dining table with clear carbon edging.
- Cabin superstructure windows to both the starboard and port sides.
- Ledge to the rear of the sofa for storage/display.
- Grab rail running forward to aft on the underside of the port side deck
- Linear style galley positioned to starboard.
- White coloured units comprising cupboards and draws.
- Twin bowl sink with mixer taps over.
- Gimballed stainless steel 3-burner oven with electric stove over and stainless grab rail.
- Contrasting grey and white coloured work tops with clear carbon edging/fiddles.
- Top opening Frigoboat refrigerator inset to the work top.
- Immediately forward of the galley area is a hanging locker.
- Grab rails to the deckhead running forward to aft.
- Located to port between the saloon and portside cabin entrance door.
- Bench seat.
- Chart table with carbon edging strip/fiddle and cupboard under.
- Panels for integrating the recessed electronics.
- Navigation reading light.
- Battery isolator switches.
- Grab rail over.
Motor, Elektrik, Wasser
- Guest/Day Heads equipped with a Raritan Crown Head II electric flush marine WC and wash basin.
- Starboard Aft Cabin with double berth, hanging locker and bench seat.
- Portside Aft Cabin with double berth, hanging locker, bench seat.
- 12vDC pressure system with pressure pump and accumulator tank.
- Hot water supplied via engine cooling with a calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element from shore power.
- Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads, shower and stern shower.
- 22 litre hot water tank.
- 16,000 BTW Kilma air conditioning system with outlets in all cabins.
- 1x holding tank with a bypass valve fitted.
- Light grey coloured upholstery.
- Yanmar 4JH3-C3 Turbo Diesel engine producing 56 HP on a Yanmar saildrive gearbox.
- 4-cylinder water cooled direct injection.
- Single Morse lever throttle and clutch control.
- Fuel filter and water separator.
- Engine hours – approx. 4,600 as of May 2019.
- Either a Gori 2-blade folding racing propeller or a Gori 3-blade cruising propeller.
- 1x 350 litre stainless steel fuel tank. Deck fill.
Besegelung & Rigg
- 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 220v AC via the generator or shore power.
- 2x 12vDC Engine start batteries – One is from 2019.
- 3x Service batteries – November 2018.
- 2x Automatic battery chargers.
- 2x 12vDC engine-mounted alternators, one being 115amps for the service batteries and the other 55amps for the engine start batteries.
- Fisher Panda 4kw 220v generator – December 2018.
- 12vDC sockets.
- 220vAC shore power system with 220vAC ring main and power sockets internally.
- 12-volt DC distribution panel.
- Battery condition meter.
- Circuit breakers of appropriate amperage.
- Amp meter.
- Volt meter.
- Main battery isolator switch.
- ORC approved navigation lights.
- Mainsail 3DL marathon - 2010.
- Jib 3DL light carbon - 2009.
- Jib 3DL medium carbon - 2009.
- Code 0 fractional - 2006.
- Masthead asymmetrical A1 - 2009.
- Masthead asymmetrical A2 - 2009.
- Masthead asymmetrical A3 - 2010.
- Masthead asymmetrical A4 - 2009.
- Wind Seeker - 2006.
- Jib light carbon/Kevlar - 2006.
- Jib medium carbon/Kevlar - 2006.
- Jib no.3 carbon - 2010.
- Code 0 masthead - 2007.
- Jib top carbon/Kevlar - 2004.
- Stay sail - 2010.
- Fractional spinnaker runner 0.60 - 2004.
- Fractional spinnaker AP 0.70 - 2004.
- Fractional spinnaker reacher 0.90 - 2004.
- Try sail.
- Storm jib.
- Carbon Formula fractionally rigged mast with two sets of swept back spreaders.
- Carbon Formula boom.
- Carbon spinnaker pole.
- Retractable carbon bowsprit.
- PBO rigging - 2009.
- Mast jack with hydraulic pump.
- Navtec hydraulic single backstay, boomvang and outhaul.
- Tuff luff forestay.
- Harken roller forestay furling system.
- All FSE Robline halyards & sheets.
- B&G Zeus3 chartoplotter – October 2018.
- B&G automatic autopilot; B&G autopilot with remote control – October 2018.
- B&G echosounder – October 2018.
- B&G radar mounted on a carbon mast at the stern – October 2018.
- B&G speed indicator – October 2018.
- Instruments: 5 x Repeaters on mast, 2 x in cockpit and 1 x at chart table – October 2018.
- Vectran Helming compasses with covers (1x at each wheel).
- Inmarsat – October 2018.
- VHF radio – October 2018.
- Handheld VHF radio.
- Twin carbon fibre helming wheels.
- 2 rows of stainless steel guard wires to either side (padded where required), stainless steel stanchions, pushpit and pulpits.
- Triple row of guard wires to the transom.
- 1x foredeck hatch.
- 6x low profile opening port holes.
- Transom shower.
- Transom mounted carbon mast to mount the gimbaled B&G radar and GPS receivers.
- German mainsheet system.
- Mainsheet traveller - 8:1 led under deck to the trimmer.
- Spinlock clutch XX0812 for centre, main, and wing halyards.
- Spinlock rope clutches for control.
- Gas locker in separate drained compartment.
- 2x Harken primary winches 3-speed B64-STA.
- 2x Harken mainsheet 2-speed self-tailing B56-STA.
- 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing B53-2STA positioned on the cabin roof.
- 1x Harken twisted pedestal positioned in the cockpit connected to operate the primary winches for faster and more efficient winch grinding.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Mainsail boom stack-pack with lazy jacks.
- 2x Wheel and pedestal covers.
- 3.80m Mariner Inflatable tender.
- 15hp Mariner outboard.
- Brush Anchors.
- 80m of 10mm anchor chain.
- Mooring warps and fenders.
- Flush seacocks on all openings below DWL.
...Read full description
- Aluminium emergency steering tiller.
- 1x 6-person life raft.
- 1x 8-person life raft.
- 2x lifebouys mounted on the pushpits.
- Throwing line with lifebuoy mounted on one of the pushpits.
- 12x personal AIS flairs.
- Spinlock lifejackets.
- Safety location chart.
- Medical emergency reference book.
- First Aid kit.
- 1x Manual Whale Gusher 10GPM bilge pump in cockpit.
- 1x Manual Whale Gusher 10GPM bilge pump below the deck.
- 1x 12v DC Electric bilge pump below deck.