Motor BoatTraditionalsavailableRiva Bertram
Riva-Bertram 20 Bahiamar (Hull No 76)
Riva built 154 boats of this type, using the mold of the successful Bertram 20 Bahiamar under permit by Bertram. Hull No. 76 was built 1972. It is a very seaworthy and dry little boat, ideal for weekend escapes.
It was brought to Greece in April 2011, fully restored, including the replacement of its sterndrive and engine with a new 220hp Mercruiser unit. The restoration included hull structural strengthening, re-coating of underwater hull with epoxy coating and new two-colour antifouling, retouching topside gelcoat, new gas tank, new engine base, transom re-building, refitting seats and footrests (same as original) re-chroming all-original deck fittings, installation of twin battery packs, new bilge pumps, new radio-cd player and speakers, replacement of whistle and more.
The refit was completed in May 2012, and it has since been used in the South Euboean Gulf, always kept on a trailer in a covered parking when not used. Engine service is done annually by the same Mercruiser authorized dealer. The engine is as new, it has never been winterized as it is run all year round. It has never presented a problem while in use.
The boat is registered in Greece (Rafina) and is sold with following equipment:
- Mercruiser 4.3L MPI engine, 220hp with abt. 120 running hours
- Mercruiser Alpha I Sterndrive
- Mercury Black Max Propeller 14 1/4 / 21 Pitch / 3-blade aluminium (+1 spare)
- 170lt Gas tank + 30lt spare
- Hydraulic steering, coupled to original Momo wheel
- Original Morse throttle
- Original VDO instruments
- Original Bimini
- 1 auto + 1 manual electric bilge pump
- Full life saving appliances (Greek Law, 10nm from shore)
- 1 x Delta anchor + 1 x folding anchor, c/w chain and rope
- Mooring ropes and towing line
- 2 paddles
- 6 fenders
- Boat hook
- Deck cushions
- Cabin cushions
- Fittings for w/c installation
- Cockpit cover
- Winter cover
- 12v Floodlight
- 12v sockets
- 2t Harbeck trailer (not used on street for 8 years - no brakes)
This is a unique boat, well taken care of despite her 48 years of age, and a full set of photos from the various restoration works is available in case of interest.
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
* This vessel is deemed EU VAT paid.
* As always photographs do not do justice so a viewing is highly recommended.
* This boat is lying ashore in Attiki, Greece.
* © 2020 Nicolle Associates
...Read full description