1983 VAGABOND 52 STAYSAIL SCHOONER (FARRINGTON SCHOONER)
ASKING PRICE $ 175,000.
SPECIFICATIONS LOCATED: MD
LOA: 52' 00" DRAFT: 6' 06" SAIL AREA: 1,800 SF.
LWL: 41' 00" BALLAST: 19,000 LBS. WATER CAP.: 400 GAL.
BEAM: 13' 11" DISPL: 50,000 LBS. FUEL CAP.: 400 GAL.
EQUIPMENT: Yanmar 140 hp FWC diesel, Westerbeke 7.7 kw genset, 20 GPH Watermaker, Bow Thruster, Dinghy & OB, MUCH MORE!
ELECTRONICS: Autopilot, (3) VHF Radios, SSB, Garmin plotter navigation system, EPIRB, Stereo
FACTS: Currently berthed after years of cruising from the Caribbean through Europe and back to the USA. The owners have kept this
fine yacht superbly maintained and ready for the new owners. Ready to go cruising! (MORE DETAILS BELOW)
CLICK HERE FOR FULL VIDEO
(One click photos to enlarge)
1983 Vagabond 52 Staysail Schooner (Farrington Schooner) "MARGUERITE"
Large Comfortable Cockpit Cockpit Electronics Dual Windlasses
Great Ventilation Hatches Secure Crows Nest Aft Deck w/ Pulpit
Saloon View Fwd Galley View Aft Large Comfortable Dinette
Nav Station View Fwd Electrical Panel & Controls Workshop
Stb Cabin View Fwd Port Cabin w/ Lower Double Port Cabin w/ Privacy Panels
Aft Stateroom With A View And Ensuite Head with Separate Tub/Shower
Engine and Generator Sail Plan Layout Drawing
Winter Protection Full Custom Cover-Bow Full Custom Cover-Stern
ACCOMMODATIONS: "Marguerite" is a beautiful Vagabond 52 Staysail Schooner that represents an exceptional value on the liveaboard/world cruiser market. She has been superbly maintained by her current owner including major refurbishing in 1998 and 2008* and is now available for her next adventure. Designed in by W.I.B. "Bill" Crealock and the Farrington team, she boasts the traditional fine solid teak joinery found throughout in the Vagabond yachts, combined with the extra attention to function and ease of handling by a couple or the short handed sailor. "Marguerite" offers comfortable living and dining spaces along with the opportunity to sleep two in a queen aft stateroom with ensuite head and tub/shower. There is additional sleeping for up to 5 people in the forward cabin with its own head. The large saloon has plenty of room and a great galley to serve all. Welcome Aboard.
*For more details on the refit and upgrades along with great cruising insights, visit Marguerite at: SV Marguerite
* One-piece hand laid-up fiberglass hull with Airex lamination inside for additional strength and insulation.
* Molded flange to receive the deck.
* Molded in-plank lines.
* Molded-in boot top.
* Internal cast-iron ballast.
* Fixed keel molded-in hull.
* Bonded-in longitudinal stringers and tank bulkheads under cabin sole.
* Through-bolted full-length teak rub rail capped with bronze striker.
* Color: cream.
* One-piece hand laid-up fiberglass deck with teak overlay with Airex lamination inside for additional strength and insulation.
* Molded-in non-skid surfaces.
* Molded-in bossings for all ports and hatches.
* Molded-in bossings for stainless steel plate that incorporates the two forward windlasses.
* Molded-in bossings for stanchion bases.
* Molded-in bossings for handrail on cabin top.
* Molded-in dorades.
* Molded-in mast collar bossings.
* Two foredeck lockers.
* One aft deck lazarette.
* Goiot hatches.
* Goiot companion way hatch.
* Teak cockpit grating.
* Teak cockpit coaming around winches.
* Teak cap-rail.
* Teak hand-rail on cabin top.
* Teak cabin top.
HARDWARE AND DECK FITTINGS:
* Traditional bronze and copper Edson pedestal with wooden wheel and engine controls.
* Welded stainless steel double bow and stern pulpits.
* Double anchor rollers.
* Laminated bowsprit.
* Teak bow pulpit grating.
* Two hawse cleats forward.
* Two hawse cleats amidships.
* Three 12" cleats and chocks on aft deck.
* Stainless steel double life lines.
* 1 1/4" SS stanchions.
* Double port and starboard lifeline gates.
* Two Maxwell 2200 12v windlasses with foot switches.
* Three anchors: 45 kg Delta on 300 foot chain, 75 pound CQR on 200-foot chain (both on deck), plus 40 pound fortress stored below.
* 23 bronze opening ports.
* Two fixed stern windows.
* Five Goiot hatches.
* One Goiot sliding companion-way hatch.
* Five stainless steel cowl vents.
* Foresail traveler.
* Staysail traveler.
* Main sheet traveler.
* Genoa tracks port and starboard with two cars each.
* Large stainless steel davits on stern.
* Yanmar Marine Turbo Diesel engine (1999), 145 hp, fresh-water cooled, 2 sets of gauges, start- and stop switches in cockpit and navigation station, approximately 4000 engine hours.
* 1 3/4" stainless steel shaft and bronze propeller, dripless packing gland.
* ZF Hurth transmission.
* Vetus bow thruster.
* 7.7 KW Westerbeke marine generator (1999), approximately 3000 engine hours.
* Waterworks 20 GPH water maker.
* Two Maxwell 2200 anchor windlasses with foot switches.
* Seafrost 8 cubic foot refrigerator in the galley with 12-volt and engine-driven compressors.
* Two additional ice boxes (7 cubic foot in engine room and 2 cubic foot in salon).
* Hill-range 3-burner LPG gimbaled stove with oven, LPG control by Marinetics.
* Crusair air conditioner in salon.
* Emergency tiller.
* 4 stainless-steel water tanks, totaling approximately 400 gallons.
* Custom plumbing fixtures throughout the boat.
* Salt-water deck washdown.
* Aft tub shower with separate sump and pump (grey water goes overboard).
* Bilge has forward and aft sumps each with separate automatic bilge pumps.
* Manual bilge pump
* Two Groco manual marine heads. Aft head has holding tank with deck pump-out.
* Three mild-steel tanks totaling approximately 400 gallons. (2 for storage plus one day tank).
* Individual fuel gauges for day tank (in cockpit) and each of the storage tanks (in navigation station).
* Fuel transfer and polishing system.
* 110 Volt AC is provided through shore connector, generator, or Xantrex inverter.
* 12 Volt DC is provided through three gel mat batteries totaling over 2,400 Amp hours.
* Xantrex Freedom 30 inverter charger with Link 2000 monitor controller.
* Westerbeke 7.7 kw diesel generator w/ appx. 3094 hrs.
* High-output alternator with Balmar smart regulator.
* Main electrical panel with fused switches in navigation station.
* From main panel, power is distributed through 7 fused subpanels from which outlets and lights are wired.
* 12 Volt DC cabin lights in ceiling and lockers.
* Deck flood lights on both masts.
* Navigation lights on bow and stern pulpits, tri-color mast/anchor light.
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION:
* ACR Global Fix EPIRB.
* Hydrive hydraulic steering.
* Raymarine autopilot.
* Garmin chart plotter.
* Ratheon radar (needs repair).
* ICOM IC-M710 SSB with Pactor-3 modem using insulated back stay antenna.
* 3 VHFs (one mounted in navigation station plus 2 hand-held units).
* Mast-top wind indicator.
* Six-inch compass.
* Stereo system.
SPARS AND RIGGING:
* Staysail schooner rig by Hood Yacht Systems.
* Hood main mast Stoway HS 1061 electric in-mast furling with manual override.
* Hood main boom with fixed gooseneck.
* Hood foremast 1060.
* Stainless steel crows nest on foremast accessible through teak and rope ratlines on foremast lower shrouds.
* Hood staysail boom.
* Profurl furler for staysail.
* Hood foresail boom.
* Profurl furler for foresail.
* Profurl furler for genoa.
* Standing rigging: stainless 3/8 cable with Norseman fittings.
* Internal rope halyards with dedicated rope clutches on both masts.
* Five heavy-duty Dacron cruising sails (totaling approximately 1,800 square feet) plus asymmetrical spinnaker.
* Two Lewmar 55 self-tailing three-speed Genoa sheet winches.
* Two Lewmar 48 self-tailing two-speed Fisherman sheet winches.
* One Lewmar 40 self-tailing two-speed main sheet winch.
* One Lewmar 40 self-tailing two-speed main halyard winch with rope clutch.
* One Lewmar 40 self-tailing two-speed foresail halyard winch with rope clutch (also used for fisherman aft halyard).
* One Lewmar 40 self-tailing two-speed staysail halyard winch with rope clutch (also used for fisherman head halyard).
* One Lewmar 40 self-tailing two-speed genoa halyard winch with rope clutch.
* One Lewmar 46 self-tailing two-speed winch for outhauls, sheets, and furling lines with 7 rope clutches.
* Aft cabin with queen-size berth. Wall panel that gives aft access to engine and generator.
* Aft head with tub and shower. Removable shower panel gives starboard access to engine and generator.
* Navigation station with unique chart table, also contains main electrical panel which swings out for access to wiring.
* Workshop with bench, storage, ice box, and front engine access.
* Custom-built galley with large top-loaded refrigerator, gimbaled 3-burner stove and oven, integrated stainless steel counter top with three large sinks, and pantry.
* Large salon with nine-foot settee, built-in arm chair, ample storage in various lockers and drawer units.
* Forward salon bulkhead with removable panels opens into forward staterooms.
* Port forward stateroom has one double and one single bunk plus a large locker.
* Starboard forward stateroom as a double bunk plus large built-in storage unit with sliding doors.
* Forward head provides access to line and chain lockers on the bow.
* Interior is teak throughout.
* Teak and holly floor panels provide access to bilge.
* Fiberglass headliners for easy maintenance throughout.
* 6-person VIKING life raft.
* Cape Horn self steering wind vane.
* Sea anchor with 250-foot line.
* Life sling and man-over-board pole.
* 10-foot fiberglass rowing dinghy.
* 4-person inflatable dinghy.
* 8 hp Yanmar outboard.
* Sunbrella dodger and bimini on stainless steel frames.
* Three-part sunbrella boat cover.
* 8 inflatable fenders.
* Several sets of dock lines.
* Ample tools and spares.
*For more details on the refit and upgrades along with great cruising information Visit Marguerite at:
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice....Read full description