SailboatavailableJeanneauSun Odyssey 409
Very good condition, private owner
The Philippe Briand designed Sun Odyssey 409 is not only elegant, but also built for speed. A modern hull with a hard chine and excellent stability makes the Sun Odyssey 409 a pleasure to sail.
White GRP hull with style stripes and cove line. Teak toe rails. White GRP superstructure with moulded non-slip decks. Shoal draft cast iron fin keel. Spade hung rudder. Twin steering wheels. Aft self draining cockpit. Amidships cleats. Teak laid cockpit seating.
Engine, electrics, water
- six berths in three double sleeping cabins separate from the main accommodation.
- Forecabin with large V-berth with stowage under, hanging locker and vanity unit, opening hatch to foredeck and en-suite heads compartment with marine toilet, shower and washbasin.
- Saloon with C-shaped dinette to starboard with twin seats opposite and large 'luxury' folding dining table.
- Chart table to port with electrical panel and instruments.
- Galley opposite to starboard with Eno two burner gimballed gas cooker with oven, twin stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressurised water system (330 litres freshwater capacity), large top opening 12 volt refrigerator and good storage above and below the large work surface..
- Separate heads compartment to port with marine toilet, holding tank, shower and washbasin.
- Twin aft cabins, both with double berths and hanging lockers.
- Off white coloured upholstery in saloon and mattresses in cabins
- Low level saloon lighting. Shades and screens to hatches and port lights. Curtains to windows.
Located under the companionway, Yanmar 3JH5CE 40hp, three cylinder, diesel engine with electric start and freshwater cooled via heat exchanger. Saildrive to three bladed fixed propeller. Two bladed folding Flexofold propeller as a spare. 200 litres fuel capacity giving approximately 350 miles range at 6.5 knots cruising speed. Maximum speed under power 8 knots. Engine and gearbox last serviced in April 2014. Approx. 330 engine hours as of August 2014.
Maxpower bowthruster operated from starboard helm
Rig and sails
- 4 x 12 volt domestic batteries
- 1 x 12 volt engine batteries
- 2 x 12 volt bowthruster/windlass batteries forward
- Alternator charging to engine
- 240 volt shorepower with sockets and shorepower lead
- 240 volt x 60 amp Cristec battery charger
- 12 volt interior lighting
Spars & Sails
- Masthead bermudan rigged sloop.
- Silver anodised aluminium mast and boom.
- Stainless steel standing rigging.
- Terylene running rigging.
- Backstay adjuster.
- Single line slab reefing mainsail fitted with three reefs (2 installed) with lazyjacks.
- Facnor headsail furling system.
- Rod kicker.
- Lines led aft to cockpit.
- Spinnaker deck fittings and halyard.
- Fully battened mainsail - Quantum Fusion SmartSail membrane, double tafetta, Carbon/Vectran fibre - 2011 - very good
- 106% furling vertical battened genoa - Quantum Fusion SmartSail membrane, double tafetta, Carbon/Vectran fibre - 2011 - very good
- Mainsail - Technique Voiles - Dacron - 2011 - supplied with boat, as new
- 106% furling genoa - Technique Voiles - Dacron - 2011 - supplied with boat, as new
Navigation and electronics
2 x Harken self-tailing halyard winches (port one electric).
2 x Harken self tailing sheet winches.
Delta anchor with chain and warp
- Electric anchor windlass
- Twin bow rollers
- Self draining anchor stowage locker
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardwires
- Gates in guardwires to port and starboard
- Coachroof grabrails
- Mainsail cover
- Lazyjacks with 4 lines in Dyneema, Antal rings and 2 x Spinlock clutches mounted on mast
- Ronstan series 6 batten cars
- Large sprayhood with leather grab bar and pockets
- Halyard tail stowage bags
- Cockpit table, Table cover
- Wheel covers
- Cockpit cushions
- Winter deck cover
- Cockpit sun awning
- Outboard stowage bracket
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Transom shower
- Ensign staff
- Various warps and fenders
- Twin steering compasses
- Raymarine ST70 depth, boatspeed and log, windspeed and direction at both helms
- Raymarine autopilot at starboard helm
- Raymnarine Ray55E DSC VHF radio with command mike in cockpit
- Raymarine E90W touchscreen chart plotter on aft face of cockpit table
- Raymarine digital 18" 4kw radar, mounted on mast
- Raymarine AIS500 transponder and receiver
- Ethernet connection at chart table for laptop connection to plotter
- Raymarine hard wired keyboard at chart table
- Avtex W193DR flat screen TV mounted on bulkhead with VGA connection as repeater to plotter
- Glomex TV aerial at masthead
- Pioneer stereo radio/CD/MP3 player with interior and cockpit speakers
- Masthead and deck level LED navigation lights
- Clock, barometer, hygrometer and thermometer
...Read full description
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pump
- Cockpit harness attachment points
- Horseshoe lifebuoy with light
- Echomax radar reflector on mast
- Gas alarm
- Four x fire extinguishers
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine compartment
- Liferaft in canister